Online Gambling For Canadian Punters: Legal Status & Best Mobile Apps
As the Internet evolved and gained scale, it became home to many kinds of entertainment that were previously found only in brick-and-mortar establishments. Gambling entered the virtual realm in 1994, with the launch of the first online casinos.
The industry has been rapidly gaining momentum and flourishing across the world, providing unrivaled convenience to all fans of the gambling pastime. Let’s take a look at the current legal state of online gambling in Canada and review the greatest mobile casino apps that offer even more comfort than casino websites.
Is It Legal In Canada To Engage In Online Gambling For Real Money?
Canada belongs to the plethora of countries without clear-cut legislative provisions regarding gambling on the Internet. Operating poker rooms or online casinos in Canada is not legally permitted.
However, it is legally safe for a Canadian player to engage in gambling activities at an online casino situated offshore. The laws of Canada only prohibit the operation of web casinos from the territory of the country.
Interestingly, the Canadian reserve of Kahnawake is where many servers for offshore gaming are located. In 2020, the Canadian offshore casinos are expected to have a gross gambling turnover of about C$450 million.
What Is Crucial To Know About Online Gambling: Canada’s Legislation
Let’s outline the top 5 important things every Canadian player should know about the legality of online gambling in their country:
- Gambling online as a Canadian does not subject you to any legal risk.
- There hasn’t been a single case of a Canadian player being prosecuted for the fact of engaging in online gambling activities.
- It would be illegal to operate a web casino based in Canada; all Canadian gambling sites and apps you will be suggested are offshore-based.
- The cash prizes you win online are not subject to tax unless your gambling hobby is viewed as a form of employment.
- Playing gambling games in licensed online casinos is not criminalized in the Criminal Code of the country.
Knowing these five points will put a potential punter’s mind at ease regarding web gambling in Canada.
Mobile Real-Cash Gambling Online – Canada’s Best Apps
The following mobile casino apps will give a gaming experience that won’t be inferior to what you’ve gotten used to playing on gambling websites.
- Jackpot City – over 70 titles of casino games are at the fingertips of mobile gamblers: from regular and progressive slots to table games. All titles come with high-definition graphics; their gameplay is optimized to provide a smooth and immersive experience on mobile devices. New players receive up to C$1600 in bonus funds.
- Ruby Fortune – almost 40 gambling games are waiting for you. The application stands out due to its streamlined and straightforward user interface and the high security of the mobile banking options. The welcoming bonuses reach C$750, topped with exclusive promotions.
- Spin Palace – this app presents a dozen mobile titles, including blackjack and slots. The application can send you an SMS notification when new bonuses and promotional events pop up on the mobile casino. As a newly-registered mobile player, you get up to C$1000 as a welcome bonus for your online gambling needs.
The above applications do not compromise beneficial perks in favor of mobile compatibility. Their mobile players can take advantage of the same bonuses as on the full-fledged website and are often entitled to exclusive mobile promotions.